Tuesday, March 30, 2010

am I underdog ???

Now a days, I am mused in one research and as soon as it accomplishes one interesting truth will come infront of us.I often see my fellow budding technocrates coming out of the examination hall, they seem so distressed and grim as if they will not pass at verge even and when the result is declared they come at the other end that is lost by .5 or 1 mark in scoring full and then the secret of their distress comes out, that they were lamenting for 1 mark. I really dislike such liers, though my problem is also same but I urge for 1 mark to pass.
A week ago we finished with our sessionals and now, time of results which are as usual horrific.Here, I exquse because the guy whom I thought to be under-performer proving myself,...a underdog. Perhaps I am not the least scorer but not so high also. I think why is so that 1 hour sessional and 3 hour semester exam, as normal exam pattern, decides your whole future.I would not indulge in any ongoing debate of changing education pattern but definately will point the negatives of a ruined system of which I am fortunately or unfortunately a part.
For one exam you are admired because you did mug-up the last whole night and you certainly become underdog because you got slept next night.
  • (point to be noted) why our whole structure of education is so dependent on one night and that too for mugging?
This so unfair that we keep talent and innovations aside and prefer books. I believe that engineering or any other discipline is for the welfare of humans first and ironically we try to search this welfare in dead pages.....I don't mean that books should be thrown or teared or are of no use,after all from where we will get the basics, my only point is this that there should be autonomy of learning.Learning should be incorporated not enforced.Teaching communication skills as english to an engineering student is really of no use and we often find such inaccuracies.
  • (point to be noted)Dr. Kalam in his book Indomitable Spirit  said we need autonomous learners and what we see and experience is totally different and even in Institutes of National Importance  the same pathetic story is revised. It is so sad to mention here that autonomous institutes like NITs are benchmark for inefficiency.
 What to say about the high scorers!!! they I think kill their talent merely for the marks, may the condition different but exceptionally it is found.What these guys do to be in race is they cut their legs so how they could win...??
Though I am in engineering discipline, can't I read philoshophy???? we have segregated the knowledge. I excuse, I am not questioning on getting the expertise knowledge but it should remain abound,...why a research scholar stops learning after his Phd. ???
  • (point to be noted)I quote HRD minister here,recently, somewhere he said that we need a marrige between teachers and technology and to that I want to add we need a marrige between teachers and learning too.Does it necessary that a 10 pointer is better engineer when the 6 pointer plays with machines.Knowledge is like Universe, limitless and so we name university.
 As I observe daily that we continuously refute to study and if do, it is only when we are forced.We feel that we have to abide by the system, which is unfortunate.What happens on the test date.........ah!   I  din't study.....shh! these exams, why they come......alas!!! so bakwaas paper it was.....these profs.  na.....
Submissions, I say,  are phenomenal success of professors in threatening the students by marks.
So while we get tomorrow we ask for one more day for submission and exam and then too we remain incomplete, I think this clearly indicates  flaws.There is something which need to be brought to make studies interesting,
  • (point to be noted)Why watching a cricket match is so interesting while having submissions next day? because we know the match is of a single day and the later will follow us years like ghost.We have so morbid teaching pattern that just tells to spend ink and precious paper and nothing else.Creativity dies.You have a prescribed syllabus like you have been told to learn 5 synonyms and learning more than that will account heavy punishment. 
Why technology is important? :-Once we are having softwares for engineering drawing why we need to draft manually and why is it not made alternative and student should choose.Whatever may be the reason but our refrain from technology in learning will cost heavy to us.............

  •  (point to be noted)One of my professor says-" ये सब जो है राक्षशी विद्या है पर अब क्यूंकि आप लोग फंस चुके  हो तो झेलना तो पड़ेगा hi....." then he says-"एक बार मैंने मरने का  ख्याल किया पर सिर्फ इस डर से कि अगले जनम में शुरू से पढना पड़ेगा तो वो भी दिमाग से निकाल ना  पड़ा ....."
तो अब फंस तो गए हैं और मजाक देखिये इस चक्रव्यूह में फंस ने के लिए २ साल मेहनत की |

 इति शुभम 

8 comments:

Shekhar Kumawat said...

ab hamne aap ke blog ko add kar liya he

Mayank Sharma said...

filhaal to mein is charkraviyuh mein fasne ko bekarar hu.....
par ye un chand chijo mein se ek hai jin mein hamare vichaar mail khate hai..

Unknown said...

i agree with u,
maine tujhe kha tha na ki hume jo kaam future mei karna hai vo nahi sikhate...bas 4 saal kachara ikhaata karwatei hai..

Priyank Jain said...

Mayankji, reforms if we talk about only we can bring so there is no such matter of differing here.
Vishalji aap se mai poori tarah se sehmat hoon kyunki gyan ki koi seema nahi fir itne bandhan kyun.....
Shekhar sahab mere blog ko ye samman dene ke liye dhanyawaad.

Mayank Sharma said...

which post has been removed PRIYANK JI ? waise aapki baat par mein bhi kuch kahna chahunga
jis din murkha samajh jaye wo murkha hai wo buddhimano ke samkash ho jata hai aur jis din buddhiman apne aap ko buddhiman manne lag jaye wo murkho ki kshreni mein aa jata hai

Manish Kumar said...

ha ha... ED was the only subject in which I got C grade during 4 years of my teaching so I can understand ur agony.

Coming to ur post
Use of Technology in ED.. Yes we shd do that .At least for submission of assignments. As a practicing engg I feel contents of course shd be modified for Elect ,Electronics & Computer Branch. They don't need ED in its present form.

As for reading other subjects along with engg : Many colleges provide such options. I can safely say that for IIT's. Even if the subject is not in the course there should be books related to the subject in the library. I myself read lot of Psychology in my spare time at IIT Roorkee 7 it was such an enriching exp.

As for main pt of ur article no doubt our stress shuold be on learning rather than rattabazi.

Funny quote from ur prof.But there are typos/mistakes in writing Hindi. like pakshsi & chakravyuh...

This topic was closer to my heart thats why I have made an elaborate comments & rest assured I do read ur other posts too.But I comment onlywhen I have something meaningful to say on that topic.

Priyank Jain said...

I am obliged knowing that you read my articles and it is nice to know that someone is there who understands my agony

Priyank Jain said...

aur jo sudhar aapne batain hain wo maine kardiye hain